Today’s small change has to do with health. I tend to be an all-or-nothing dieter and exerciser. If I don’t have the time or energy for a 45 to 60 minute walk, I often don’t do anything. I’ve fallen into the trap of thinking that doing nothing is better than doing something.
When you have just a few minutes to exercise or do something healthy, go ahead and do it. When it comes to health and fitness, doing something is definitely better than doing nothing.
- As few as 10 sets of 10 jumping jacks will get your heart pumping and blood flowing to get you through an afternoon slump.
- A 20 min walk around the block or neighborhood will elevate your mood and give you a much-needed dose of vitamin D.
- Hop on your bike, don your helmet, and take a spin around the neighborhood.
- Grab a basketball and challenge the neighborhood kids to a round of h-o-r-s-e.
- Wear your walking shoes the next time you run errands or go shopping. You’re more likely to walk with a spring in your step, burning more calories as you go.
- Switch out one soft drink or specialty coffee for water to save calories and/or artificial sweeteners.
- If you must have dessert, eat just a few bites or eat just half and share the other half with a friend or save for later.
What small change do you make for health when you have just a few minutes to spare?
Yours for the celebration of life,