Men, this looks like a Company Girl’s post because of the little coffee cup above, but don’t click away just yet. This post is for both men and women, it just happens to follow an idea Rachel Anne at Home Sanctuary proposed earlier this week.
In making our homes a sanctuary, Rachel Anne suggested making a list of things we could do in 5, 10, or 15 minute pockets of time to make our homes and lives more livable.
Out of that, as happens with a lot of suggestions I come across, I’ve come up with a list of ways to strengthen your marriage and encourage your wife or husband in 5, 10, or 15 minute intervals on those days when you don’t have a lot of time to give. Soon, you’ll find that some of these items will serve to enhance your marriage on a regular basis and be a great lead-in to those times that you can devote more time and energy to one another.
So, without further ado …
- Take a walk around the block together
- Take a few extra minutes to set the table with the “good” dishes and maybe flowers and candles, even if you are serving macaroni and cheese to your husband and kids
- Call her in the middle of the day just to say “I love you”
- Write a note to your in-laws to let them know how glad you are to be married to their son/daughter
- Ask “What can I do to help?”
- Get up 15 minutes early to prepare breakfast and serve it in bed
- Watch the sunrise or sunset together
- Post a positive blog about your husband and send the link to him
- Come up with a small thing that will make him laugh and feel loved at the same time
- Ask her about her day and listen intently to her answer
- Rub his shoulders
- Call the florist and have flowers delivered to your wife
- Enjoy a quickie
- Rub her feet
- Call your wife and ask her out for a date
- Prepare a healthy snack to share while watching TV
- Spruce yourself up a little before you meet again at the end of the day
- Keep the kids busy for a few minutes to give your wife 15 minutes to herself
- Connect over a cup of coffee or tea
- Choose one item on your honey-do list and complete it
- Call a friend to tell him or her something great your husband or wife has done – and do it when he/she can conveniently overhear you
- Mix up a batch of brownies
- Pick up the latest book from his favorite author and set it by his plate
- Make your own list of 15 minute marriage enhancers
There is no end to what you can do to encourage your spouse in 15 minute intervals once you start thinking about it. Feel free to use my list or come up with a list of your own, but I encourage you to make wise use of your time and invest in your marriage with every free minute you have.
Yours for the celebration of marriage,
The Anniversary Shop, modern and traditional anniversary gifts and gifts for all occasions.
For more great ideas on strengthening your marriage, check out these incredible books.