“People are often enamored with my Super Bowl ring. But it’s my wedding ring that I’m most proud of. And having a good marriage takes even more work than winning a Super Bowl.” – NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer
Having just watched the Super Bowl, I wonder how many men would say the same thing.
Take a few minutes to reflect on what you can do to have a marriage that ranks up there with winning the Super Bowl. Choose one of these ideas to let your wife know she is the MVP of your life.
* Tell your wife that you value her love for you, her care for you, the house, the children, and her opinions. Be specific.
* Give her a 10-minute massage of her neck, shoulders, back, feet, or any other body part she chooses.
* Pick up something for her on your way home from work. Might be flowers, might be her favorite tea or coffee drink, or it might be double chocoloate fudge ice cream. Whatever your wife enjoys is fair game.
* Let her have 30 minutes alone – without the kids knocking on the door – to pamper herself tonight.
* Buy a card that expresses your love and write a personal note before you sign it.
* Tell her you love her and couple it with a full-body hug.
* Take care of one full meal. Plan, prepare, cook, clean up.
* Tell your wife you’ll bathe the kids tonight and mop up the water that splashes over the tub.
* Be creative. Think of something that you wife really enjoys doing and give her the time and freedom to do it.
Yours for the celebration of marriage,
The Anniversary Shop, modern and traditional anniversary gifts.