Few things say “I love you” like fresh-baked cookies. Whether it’s the memories of childhood that they bring, or knowing that someone went to all that trouble just for you, you can’t go wrong with homemade cookies.
Here’s a recipe for Cranberry and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies that will leave your spouse begging for more.
Cranberry and Chocoloate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, or 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried (sweetened cranberries)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with nonstick baking mats or parchment paper.
Stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
Beat together butter, sugar, and honey on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Add the eggs and vanilla; beat to combine.
Turn the mixer to low and gradually add the flour mixture and beat until blended. Stir in oats, cranberries, and chocolate chips.
Drop 1 tablespoon of dough at a time about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
Bake until lightly golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.